Lemonade out of Lemons

 I had another bomb drop yesterday. It may seem silly to you, but to me it was big. A student I was looking forward to assisting toward a goal is going to have to go about it in a different direction due to important reasons I won't get in to. I'm not mad. Just bummed. It was a virtual goal carrot I was dangling in front of my coach nose that I was so pumped for. Especially after the Darby debacle. I was changing my focus and that was my light in a dark place. But life tends to give you lemons when you least need them. I feel more like its violently whipping them at my head but meh, in the scheme of worldly problems, this is not one. Just lemon juice in an open wound when I could use a gosh darn bandaid. 

This morning getting ready for church I looked in my cute dress closet [My guilty pleasure] and I saw this adorable lemon dress hanging in there that I had bought a few weeks ago at TJ Maxx. Side note: I cannot be let off my leash in one of those stores. I make indescribable poor shopping decisions. Anywho-I saw it hanging there and thought "Now isn't that appropriate?' I zipped it up with some summer heels and off I went to see Jesus. I kind of felt like I was sporting my battle scars and it felt empowering. I'm learning to adjust and be fly with the ever evolving door that is the world of a horse trainer.

Even through all this hot mess express that is Ali, I've had some fantastic moments lately too. Just yesterday I had margaritas with a friend and we jumped on the baby horses bareback and rode them into the water hazard for their first times bareback. Was it a great idea? Abso-freaking-lutely not. But it was hilarious and I laughed so hard almost getting bucked off of Maggie. #norAgrets. It made me forget all the tough moments and all the seriousness. Just to enjoy the moments as they come. 

I also have made some leaps and bounds lately by focusing on my upcoming derby. I'm painting things bright, obscene colors and giving lessons to eager, talented students. I get the biggest thrill out of moving my cross country jumps around and making fun combos for people to tackle. Like I legit get a little high out of seeing people get excited about the changes I make. It's my reward. I painted for 2 plus hours today and got an epic sunburn that my sister was not pleased about. Lord forbid I have a working woman's tan for her August nuptials! I love putting my energy and focus into things like the derby because it matters and it gives purpose which I think I've felt I've lacked lately. And everyone knows I'm a go getter so Imma go get me some purpose! It's how I charge my battery that has felt low all week. Just a few hours of blazing hot sunshine and some pink paint and I'm good to go!

I'm looking forward to this demanding week ahead. Making courses, planning ride times, great friends coming into town and my sister's bachelorette party. I'm a total Matron of Dishonor. It is what it is.  So despite the fact that we are hosting this derby because Darby died, it's been fun getting ready for. I'm making lemonade out of those angry lemons and I'm adding in some energy and flare. It's all fingers crossed for good weather now and sunshine. But even if its rainy, it will be a delight to run a show which is such a passion of mine along with eating cupcakes. So- if anyone is trying to find me this week, just look for the girl with the vodka lemonade in hand and some brilliant paint, jamming out to some sweet tunes. She's on a mission to kick ass. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Florida Quest

The long walk

Worthy