Smells like No Responsibilities


 Brr it’s getting cold out! I’ve been in a literal cooking frenzy. Or more specifically, a soup marathon. Liquid food is my shit. I’m working on a spicy chili tonight that I will complain is too hot and will set my tongue ablaze, but Lucas will love it. I love this time of year! It gets darker sooner and therefor I spend more time cooking. And I’m talking good food. Not just whatever I can scrap together between lessons. Not that things have slowed down but I get in nesting mode before winter and therefor-cooking! I would be great at hibernating. Just a lil chubby Ali bear all nestled in for the winter.


    My wild summer and fall have wrapped up and boy have I been a traveling! Lucas and I spent a beautifully peaceful week in Gatlinburg, TN and let me tell you, the lack of responsibility was refreshing. Sleeping in? Heck yeah! Drinking wine on the porch swing at 10am? I'm here for it. 

We did some touristy things like walking across a swinging bridge across a gulch on a swinging cable bridge which I barely made it through. I do not do heights and my husband was kind enough to video the trauma. We also went for a 9 mile hike up a freaking mountain and my incredible shoe of choice was in fact a pair of Sperry Topsiders. And let me tell you what a challenge that was. I consider myself fairly intelligent, but this was not my most brilliant move. Traversing up steep rocks in booty shorts and a tank top may sound sexy and suave but it wasn’t. I was a sweaty, hot mess express.


This damn can opener is such a part timer. I really just want to open this tomato sauce but this thing is on strike. 





Note however though that Lucas walked behind me the whole time. I was staring at the ground the whole time trying not to bust my ankle open. I’m sure views were incredible. I wouldn’t know. Too busy praying for my Sperry's to keep my little shit show together and not sprain my ankle 4 miles up the hill. I think that company should sponsor me now for kick starting their hiking line of shoes.

 Also I got a new rib cage tattoo because I wanted to and require no other reason. 


Oh my lord…I just added 2 tablespoons of chili powder. Hopefully it doesn’t come out like lava like it’s going to go down. 


Any who-after that trip I went to a show with Little Hail at Beginner novice as a ‘lets-get-to-know-each other-before-we-jump-big-stuff’ kind of thing. Much to my surprise, we won it. I was all “Wow! Maybe I can ride”. It’s sad how quickly you start to feel irrelevant when you aren't winning or jumping big stuff as a trainer. Makes you start to wonder if you know what you are doing. It doesn’t matter who tells you or how many times, that belief has to come from within. And this summer, I was digging deep to find it. And then I worked even harder before we moved up to novice in Kansas and I’ll be damned we won that one too. I should retire now! Hang it up girl. You will never do that again! The Little Hail victory ribbons gleefully hang on my east dining room wall. Beckoning me to work harder before we campaign in Florida. Rest assured, I will come out fighting. 


Hmm..adding a can of random black beans I found in the back of the cupboard. What’s the expiration on these anyway? Eh, it’s chili, it will be fine. 

I’m putting this random beer from in the fridge to it too. 

That road trip to Kansas was amazing. 10 hours of bad singing, some far out planning for next year, deep emotional talks with my mom and panicking to find gas stations. You know, typical Friday afternoon things.  And chocolate. Because dark chocolate and red wine cures all things. And those damn addictive scotcharoo bars and crack dip someone brought. My diet watched on in horror as I indulged in the finer things. The time was well spent with good friends and the laughs were had. 

Sipping on this diet ginger beer and measuring garlic with my heart as God intended. How much is too much anyway. 



I jetted off to NC last week, or maybe that was 2 weeks ago? Anyway, it was for my college roomies wedding in Asheville. What a quaint little town. I spent some much needed time with the college friends whom I’m still very close to today. Time together makes me miss our wild college days. Super Highlight-every time we walked in our hotel-we were graced with a glass of champagne! Uhm yes! Thinking of instilling this idea in my own home. walk through the door and BAM! Champagne. The wedding was lovely, the food was so yummy and the bookstores aplenty.  I also went to a tea cafe? I didn’t even know places like that existed. Midway through sitting on my slice of a pillow on the floor this delightful tea cup sandwich of a man came pirouetting through the air with some smudging sage to cleanse the air. It was the full experience and I'm ready to get passionate about tea. I’m hoping Lucas gives that sage a go sometime in our house. I’d probably have an allergic reaction though since I’m the demon we are trying to expel. 

This has become a cauldron of chili. Who is eating all of this…I should really taste it. 

Well I’m wrapping this chat up. The horses are all alive, fluffy and enjoying the much needed time off. Notice I didn’t say they are all sound! Baby horses and their shenanigans. I’m mentally refreshed, focused on my diet and looking forward to the holidays. Me and my Soups! magazine are going to have some real bonding time. 

*tasting* I will admit it’s pretty dang good but it’s hellfire hot. Good thing I got that book in the bookstore about people who enjoy pain for the pleasure. I’m about to write an autobiography about it. Send the fire department for the inferno in my mouth, it’s getting hot in here!


Just me, embracing My Salty Bitch ways.



Comments

  1. It looked like great fun from where I was standing. Great job on the blog too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Florida Quest

The long walk

Worthy